4 hr. S.A.F.E. Approach Conflict Management & De-escalation
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, more than 2 million Americans experience workplace violence each year. No one wants to add to those statistics. Often, it comes down to a lack of training. And that’s the good news. Many conflicts can be minimized or avoided with education.
When it comes to workplace conflict, there are two approaches:
- Fan the flame
- Extinguish the flame
Many well-meaning people fuel a conflict when their goal is actually to defuse it. And in today’s volatile workplace environment, that can lead to a crisis.
Our Conflict Management and De-Escalation course helps managers and employees:
- Recognize the signs of a potential conflict
- Treat all people with dignity and respect
- Recognize signs of aggression
- Reduce risk
- Tactically position yourself for a safe interaction
- Professionally conduct interviews in a neutral, objective manner
- De-escalate aggression
- Turn a negative interaction into a positive one
Strategos International has shared these principles with:
- Airport personnel
- U.S. government agencies
- Health care staff
- Workplaces in diverse industries
Let us know how we can help you remove unnecessary conflict from your workplace and free up energy for more productive tasks.