Workplace Violence Response and Management
You can’t escape the headlines. Workplace violence is a profound and costly issue, reaching well into the billions of dollars every year.
- Two-thirds of respondents to a survey conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) reported that their organizations had experienced some form of workplace violence during the study period.
- According to researchers from National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), the average mean cost of a workplace homicide was $800,000 (from 1992 to 2001).
- A study by the U.S. Department of Labor for USA Today indicated that firing is the most common trigger of workplace homicide, followed by arguments, fights, or other disagreements at work. Employees may react immediately, or they may wait a few weeks
CMKA’s cadre of workplace violence intervention specialists provides the personnel necessary to make informed decisions and take action well before you have a problem. With our intervention team, you have the cost-effective resources you need to reduce, prevent, and respond to violence at work.
In addition to initial surveys of your situation followed by advance planning, CMKA is equipped to defuse any type of challenge, including—but not limited to:
- Plant closings
- Employment terminations
- Plant downsizing or layoffs
- Labor disputes
- Contract negotiations
- Strikes or walkouts
- Domestic violence that surfaces at work
- Public announcements of controversial policies or financial reports
CMKA agents approach every protection assignment with the same degree of intensity and focus. Every human life is valuable. We follow the same discretionary tactics in dealing with workplace violence that we do with executive and VIP protection.